Easy installation: Everywhere!
You have the freedom to choose where you want to install the door.
Whether exterior walls, doors or insulated glazing: petWALK will fit!
Installation - a piece of cake!
- All you need to install a petWALK door is a hole in the right size and an outlet within a radius of 2m.
- Put one part of the body into the hole on the outside and attach the other part from the inside with a few screws. Plug in the AC adapter. Done!
The Best Installation Location
- During installation you can choose freely, in which material and at which location you want to mount the animal door.
- For each installation location we have put together some useful information. Just klick on the desired type in the menu.
- If possible, we recommend choosing a weather proof and quiet spot that is easily accessible for your animals and where you do not con- stantly pass by.
Left or Right - you name it!
- Of course, you can not only choose between different sizes bot also the opening direction of the petWALK door.
- petWALK doors always open inwards. When you place an order, the opening direction of the door leaf, where the hinges are to be stuck, can be chosen to match your personal living situation. You can choose between a left and a right-hinged door.
- A right-hinged door always opens inwards to the right side and a left-hinged door accordingly always opens inwards toward the left side. Installing the petWALK pet door into a movable component such as a door leaf, we recommend choosing the same hinge side.
Thick or thin - petWALK matches everywhere!
- The petWALK pet door is designed for an easy mounting process into different components. Basically, two different types of installation are available.
- "Enlcosing" Installtion
- This type is the simplest and quickest method to install the petWALK pet door into a component. It is used, when the door is retrofitted into a component with plain surface (laminated glass, doors with flat surfaces). You only need to create an aperture of the appropriate size in this structure, which can then be enclosed by the pet door. It is pressed on both sides towards the glazing or the door panel by using the supplied screws. Then it is fixed and self-retaining. A circumferential seal on both frames creates an air- and watertight connection. For thin components (less than 5 cm), a spacer (included) is required to clamp the door. Installation into masonry can be performed in a similar way. Here, the petWALK pet door is braced directly to the exterior wall or between the inner wall and a mounting frame. A tunnel bridges the space inside the wall between the outer and the inner frame.
- Integration into a component
- If you plan to integrate the pet door into masonry, you may want to choose this type of installation. The advantage of this kind of mounting is that the insulation of your home can be pulled over the outer frame. Due to the installation of a completely covered frame you can achieve best thermal insulation values. Basically, you can bolt the petWALK pet door directly to the outer wall at the desired position using suitable building cleats. But you can also use the supplied spacers as a mounting frame, both inside and outside. You can fix it onto the masonry with cleats. If the frame is bolted directly to the wall by outriggers, the second part can be pressed on to the mounting frame by using screws. Otherwise a sub frame, which will is mounted upfront within the construction. This can be used as abutment for either the inner and outer frame. The advantage of this method is a clean separation between building works and mounting of the pet door and an easier connection to specific structural elements like airtight membranes.
- Please choose the desired installation type in the menu for more information.
Building standard compliant installation? Sure!!
- petWALK is designed for passive and low energy buildings and can be connected air tight building envelope without thermal bridges.
- petWALK pet doors are are tested against European standards for windows and meet the highest levels for airtightness, draining water tightness, climate and wind resistance.
- For the most common types of installation, there are also connection details and thermal bridge calculations available in our downloads area